Our Nov/Dec 2021 issue features: next-gen friendships; global persecution; how might churches flourish after the pandemic; Christian theatre; when our pets die; Christmas outreach tips; and interview with author Philip Yancey
Click a blue headline below to read that article. Or get all these articles and more by starting a print subscription – now free to Canadian addresses!
The FT Interview with Philip Yancey: Philip Yancey is an American author whose books Where Is God When It Hurts? and Disappointment With God have been popular with Canadian readers for decades.
Nurturing next-gen friendships: The younger and the older benefit from friendships that cross the ages. And church is the perfect place to nurture them. By Maxine Hancock
How to become an intergenerational church: Six key ingredients to strengthen community among people of all ages. By Cory Seibel
Christian persecution in the church: Canadian experts explain where and why. By Jonathan Bradley
How might churches flourish after the pandemic? Some research-informed ideas to consider. By Joel Thiessen. Disponible en français
Authentic theatre that fosters wholeness: Canadian artists of faith reflect on their creative work. By Judith Robinson
When our pets die: What does our faith have to say about the grief we feel when our animal companions die? By Alex Newman
Unwrap your church this Christmas: Tips on making the most of seasonal outreach opportunities. By Judy Paulsen
In each issue
Behind the scenes: What’s God doing between the generations in the Church? By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, New webinars, Correction
Cross connections: Questioning what's next. Are we too obsessed with anticipating the next big thing. By David Guretzki
By the numbers: Attitudes towards evangelism: A survey of leaders involved in congregational leadership reveals the challenges faced in evangelizing in Canada.
Witness: The healing space between. By Crystal Porter
News. Notes. Ideas
- The way we art. Art and spiritual direction can work together.
- Inspiring ideas.
- Parent-led organization helping families respond to pornography safely. Parents Aware equips and informs.
- Our guide to 2021 charity gift catalogues. To inspire your Christmas gift giving this year, Faith Today has created a list of charity gift catalogues by affiliates of The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada.
- Scripture Union and the School of KidsMin. Covid innovations lead to global growth.
- Changing the world through redemptive entrepreneurship. New centre at Tyndale University offers mentorship and a connected community for business builders.
- Noteworthy. Abortion reversal information sparks backlash. Antisemitism still rising. The nails from Jesus’ cross? Evangelism a low priority. Pastors assume decrease in denominational affiliation. And more.
The gathering place: The scattered flock and the call to fellowship. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Euthanasia/assisted suicide. Prostitution law review. Day for truth and reconciliation. Young adult materials: Less print, more online. The EFC welcomes new staff. French EFC updates. Weekly EFC prayer prompts.
At issue: After the votes are cast. Praying for and engaging with your local MP is an important part of civic engagement.
History lesson: Fire on the rock. Methodist revival in Newfoundland. By Kevin Flatt
Go with God: A no-secrets mission. The world desperately needs honest Christians. By Carolyn Arends
Religion watch: God’s gift of reason. How logic can help us or make us stumble. By James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Dignity for Roma women
- Child marriages in Zimbabwe condemned
- Churches to address trafficking
Books & culture: Reviews
- Signs of Life: Catholic, Mainline, and Conservative Protestant Congregations in Canada by Bill McAlpine, Joel Thiessen, Keith Walker and Arch Chee Wong
- Bullies and Saints: An Honest Look at the Good and Evil of Christian History by John Dickson
- The Lighthouse: A Novel by Michael D. O’Brien
- Forming Christian Communities in a Secular Age: Recovering Humility and Hope by Tim Dickau
- Reading the Bestsellers: Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- Canadian Creatives: Don't Go There by Amanda Le Blanc
Christ & culture in Canada: The Church after Covid-19. By John G. Stackhouse Jr.