Dear Faith Today reader, Along with your last print issue you might have seen an appeal letter – our yearly request that you consider supporting our free magazines with a tax-deductible financial gift.
Faith Today is unique in a few ways, one of which is delivering our magazine free to any reader in Canada who requests it. But of course there are costs involved. We hope you agree those costs are worthwhile to produce a magazine that is so important to Canada’s diverse church community – and to the lives of all our readers as we all live out our faith privately and publicly in communities and in our country.
If you are unable to make a donation, please feel no pressure! Please believe us. Faith Today is free. Thank you to so many of you who have already responded with donations. We are almost to our goal.
If you are able, a small gift this month from you (or once a year at some other time) will help us continue to do the good work we are trying to do:
- Telling news and stories that other media can’t or won’t tell, about the huge number of Canadians who are Christian and doing good, faith-fuelled work in their communities
- Bringing a thoughtful and measured theological perspective to some important issues of the day in Canada and the world
- Applying a Christian perspective as we usher Canadian books, music and art to your attention
- Inspiring you and your congregation with examples of churches doing good and creative work in their communities, with ideas you might want to try.
- Introducing diverse segments of our community to each other, as we profile and highlight Canadian Christian news and stories.
- And yes, responding to demand from our readers that we bring back the History Lesson column to print very soon.
As we write this note we are in a bit of a flurry, doing the last rounds of editing for the Nov/Dec issue. We have a beautiful essay about Christmas coming your way, along with thoughtful pieces about singleness in the Church, and much more.
These are the pieces that jump out at us as we think about the issue, but often we’re surprised by what our Faith Today reading family loves the most – or is rankled by the most! We’ve said it many times before, and it remains true, we love to hear from you. And happily, you are a responsive group. Thank you for that.
If you are able to respond to this appeal with a gift, we would be very grateful.
Karen and Bill, on behalf of the Faith Today team